Reese Witherspoon’s speech at the MTV Movie Awards this past weekend inspired me to give a little attention to all of Hollywood’s good girls. It seems that the “bad girls” always get the most publicity, but I definitely don’t think it should be that way. Do you? Let’s hear it for all the good girls at out there! Here is my list of seven of Hollywood’s most well behaved celebrities.
1. Hilary Duff. This Disney star became a public figure at around the same time Lindsay Lohan did, but we don’t see Hilary walking around with an ankle monitor and drunk driving and crashing into trees! Hilary went from catching our hearts with the show “Lizzie McGuire” to becoming a best-selling singer and now an author of her own fiction novel, Elixir.
2. Taylor Swift. This young country star is all about encouraging girls to be themselves, and while some of her songs may have thrown certain other famous individuals under the bus (uh-em… Joe Jonas, Camilla Belle and John Mayer to name a few) she still works hard to be a great role model for all girls and always speaks about her loving gratitude towards her fans.
3. Selena Gomez. Thank God for Selena Gomez, or teens everywhere may have still been worshiping pole-dancers like Miley Cyrus. Selena is a grateful, singing, acting sensation and a great role-models for teen girls. She recently got blasted at the MTV Movie Awards after the host Jason Sudeikis ripped on the young star’s relationship with Justin Bieber, but she remained cool during the skit.
4. Amanda Seyfried. This actress, who first caught our attention in the 2004 comedy Mean Girls, has since grown into a well accomplished actress and even a classier celebrity. Even though reports of who she is dating spread across tabloids and gossip blogs (the most recent report was about her breakup with actor Ryan Phillipe), Seyfried always remains cool and collected when questions about her private life arise. Even though she might take on racy roles, she is still a fabulous role model and well-behaved celeb.
5. Beyonce. This singing sensation gained a large amount of respect from me during the 2009 MTV Music Awards when she gave Taylor Swift her moments onstage after Kanye West infamously ruined her moment on stage. Beyonce is all about girls empowerment (especially shown in her new song “Run the World (Girls)”). She is also well-known for keeping her private life with family and relationships quiet, and for that, I praise her.
6. Dakota Fanning. This 17-year-old (who just graduated from high school) has more maturity than some grown women that I know. She has never been the headline of any tabloid magazines and has always kept composure when in public situations, ot to mention that she has had the chance to work with some of the world’s most famous celebrities and directors. Fanning is a role model for girls out there, showing them that being kind and mature can get you far.
7. Emma Watson. Joining the Harry Potter cast before you’re even a teenager can be rough, but that didn’t faze this English beauty. Watson, despite being a millionaire, followed in the footsteps of book-smart Hermione Granger and finished one year at Brown University. Although she has dropped out of college for awhile to finish other acting jobs, she is definitely a good role model because she showed that education is important no matter how much money you have.
Tell us, Lovelies: Who do you think are the most well behaved female celebrities? Do you consider these girls good role models?