How do you get over first date jitters? I’m going on a date tonight with a guy that i literally didnt get more then 5 minutes of conversation in with before we exchanged numbers and I had to run. There was an instant connection and we have texted and what not since meeting a week ago, but tonight we are going for a drink. (BTW, ladies – He has the sexiest Irish accent ever!)
I’m nervous – like really nervous.
I guess this isn’t my typical first date, where I either know his friends or hung around him all night before something clicked. It was a quick meeting and then texting and chatting from there.
Here are somethings I’m trying to do to ease my nervousness:
1. Remind myself it’s not all about if he likes me, it’s about me liking him too!
2. Remember that if he has a hot accent, so do I! I am from Canada (eh?) .
3. Call my friends for a quick pep talk. My girlfriends and I always do this, so we walk in feeling great and looking confident.
And then I have rules that I follow on a first date:
1. No more then 2 drinks. How are you suppose to know if you like someone if you get intoxicated on your date? And, you also don’t look your best after downing a few.
2. Watch the food you eat – no garlic, no messy pasta, no chicken wings. Also no salad with light dressing on the side – you don’t want to look too high maintenance! You can always work off those extra calories tomorrow at the gym.
3. No sex on the first date if you like him. I strongly believe in if you want things to continue, you need some standards. If you sleep with him on the first date, there will be thoughts that run through his head. Make him wait. But heck! If you really don’t want to continue seeing this character but like his bod, then do what you need to do!
Any other suggestions? The nervousness is creeping up already!