It’s every college students’ favorite time of year: winter break! Finals are over, and you have a few blissful weeks of freedom and relaxation. If you go to school away from home, you probably don’t need me to tell you why winter break is so awesome – but here are some reasons anyway.
1. No School: This is probably the most obvious reason why winter break rules. No classes, papers, exams, or getting up early until the next semester starts!
2. Your own room: In college, you probably have a roommate, and those dorm beds aren’t exactly the most comfortable things in the world. Enjoy a few weeks of solitude and getting to sleep in your own bed.
3. Home-cooked food: Even if your mom isn’t the greatest cook, what she makes is probably still better than what they serve in the dining hall (and there are no “mystery” entrees)!
4. Your friends: Sure, you’ve probably made lots of new friends in college, but it’s still awesome to hang with your old friends and doing all the things you used to do when you all lived in the same town.
5. Your family: They might start to annoy you after about three days, but there’s really nothing like seeing your family make you appreciate home.
What do you look forward to about winter break?