We all know they happen, and they’re just simply unavoidable! Awkward moments are like those little fruit flies that just won’t go away no matter what you do! Here are some of mine that I have had the pleasure of encountering.
1) The bad gift- Oh deck the holly with bounds of bad presents, fa la la la. I don’t mean to sound ungrateful, but we all have that Aunt Flo that sends the occasional knitted,itchy sweater that we toss in the back of our closets and only take them out to wear for 5 seconds for a photo to just make her happy. What makes this awkward is when they watch our facial expressions when we open the gift. “Yeah..uh…thanks! I … love it!” *Fake smile*.
2) Radio music- Just picture it. You’re driving alone the highway with your parents and one of those sneaky, dirty rap hits comes through your speakers. Need I say more? This is one of the many reasons why I dislike the radio, its too unpredictable!
3) The sex scene in a movie- I had the lovely privilege of going to see “The American” with my grandmother a few weekends ago. Needless to say it was horridly awkward, for me at least, when the 2-3 minute sex scene came on. When I say they showed everything, I mean everything! No offense to the director, but come on! If I wanted to watch porn, I would have bought some. I don’t need the extra awkwardness in my life. K? Thanks.
4) The bad joke- I think this is pretty much self explanatory. The awkward moment where somebody tells a bad joke,and you have to act fast! Either muster up a fake laugh or stuff a twix in your mouth so you can think of something different to say.
5) Awkward silence- Yes, I said it. This is one of the most common of the five. The “Awkward Silence”, is when nobody knows what to say. Its generally filled with the typical “Yeah” “hmm” and “Soo, how about that weather?” … this would be a good time for a twix.
What awkward moments have you been in?