1. Cry. Life sucks sometimes and we all need a good cry once in a while, so when you receive yet another letter of rejection or your boyfriend of 3 years suddenly breaks up with you, feel free to drown in your sorrows and cry into your pillow. If you keep the sadness inside you, you will never forget about it, which brings me to #2.
2. Get over it. Stop analyzing everything that happened. It is in the past now so you have to give it up. I know it’s hard, but you just have to get over whatever it was that didn’t go your way.
3. Move on. Keep living life and find something else to occupy your time. If you already have enough to occupy your time, then maybe the other thing wasn’t meant to be anyways.
4. Avoid triggers. There will be certain things that will, without a doubt, bring you back to that time when things didn’t go your way. Try as hard as you can to avoid these things. For example, if every time you walk past the soccer field you are reminded that you didn’t make the team, find a new path to take.
5. Stop with the “coulda, shoulda, woulda.” It’s easy to blame ourselves when things don’t go our way, but it’s better not to. Usually there’s nothing we could have done to change the outcome of an event, it’s just the luck of the draw–and unfortunately that luck may be far from us.
6. Quit comparing yourself to others. You may ask yourself why the girl that sits next to you in English class once again got something she wants. She already has the personality, the looks, the humor, the brains– and now the guy. When will it be your turn to finally get what you want in life? Your just as good as her so why didn’t you get the job you applied for or the last spot on the cheer squad? Just stop. This is only going to hurt you in the long run.
7. Go with it. You will never be prepared for the curve balls that life throws you, so learn to go with it. Instead of spending days doing #1, turn around that pessimistic attitude of yours and put a smile on. Trust me, I know how hard it is to say, “whatever, it is what it is” when you are constantly getting shut down, but just give it a try.
Like they say, “what’s meant to be will find it’s way.” –I so hope this is true!
What do you do when things don’t go your way, Lovelies?