You shouldn’t overthink. It’s dangerous! And you definitely shouldn’t get bent out of shape because of little things. They don’t matter at all in the big scheme of things. Overthinking forces your mind to go on and on about stupid things and makes you fall into a downward spiral of negativity. So just quit while your behind. It’s not good for you or for anyone around you (PMS symptoms, anyone?)
Here are 5 ways to stop overthinking….
1. Every time you find yourself in a rut and the negative thoughts start entering your mind, do something fun (like coloring, running, or reading) to get your mind off things.
2. Remind yourself that life throws curve balls. This will make you less reactive to things that don’t go your way.
3. Accept the fact that you cannot change the past. It’s over and done with so stop thinking about it.
4. Write down a list of positive things–places you like to visit, things you’re good at, life accomplishments, favorite foods, things that make you happy, etc.
5. Meditate (although this isn’t the best suggestion for those who are constantly jittery/unable to relax). If you are able to bring yourself to this serene state of peace, don’t think about anything, just breathe.
Are you guilty of overthinking, Lovelies? What helps you stop the negativity from taking over your thoughts?