Kristen Stewart, everybody’s hated (and loved) girl in Hollywood, appeared at the Eclipse movie premiere wearing this asymmetrical white dress last week. Like how some people criticize the peep-toe booties as nonfunctional and impractical, one-sleeve clothing can also be said of that.
Advantages of wearing asymmetrical clothing:
- You can appear to look cool. I guess it depends on how you define cool, but for sure, you will look different.
- It’s easily designed. You can take any clothing you have right now (whether it be pants or a shirt with sleeves) and it can be a simple diy project! Use your scissors and cut, cut, cut! Don’t worry about the frays – they give the clothing more edge.
- No need to shell out lots of dough for a top/dress with adornments. The asymmetrical is enough to make a statement on its own.
Disavantages of wearing asymmetrical clothing:
- You might risk getting weird tan lines! Look at Kirsten’s arms, if she wore that dress all day, she’d end up with one baked arm and the other pasty pale.
- This style DOES NOT flatter everybody.
- You can’t wear it during summer or winter – you’ll end up being too hot or too cold!
How do you feel about asymmetrical clothing? Do you own any?