As some of you may know, but many of you may not, I adore Audrey Hepburn.
I mean, look at her! She had an absolutely amazing look! And from what I have gathered she also seems to have had a great attitude and amazing personality. These were all things that I latched onto when on my first steps into womanhood. That is how Audrey Hepburn became my earliest female role model, and my namesake. When my friend and I were choosing a proper female name, I said, “I wish I could be Audrey Hepburn”, so my friend started calling me Audrey, and it stuck. The funny part is, I did not see any of her movies until quite recently, but for some reason I just connected with Audrey Hepburn.
1) Her style/look- I think her old school and often simple beauty is amazing, and something I can only hope to attain. Just merely attempting to emulate her makes me feel beautiful.
2) Her attitude and personality.
Let’s examine a few of her quotes to see what I mean:
- “Pick the day. Enjoy it – to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come… The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present – and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.” – Couldn’t we all learn from an attitude like that! I so often get caught up in the future.
- “I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people’s minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing.” – This one I can really identify with as far as my recent visit of xanga-celebrity status. Everyone seems to think I am this amazingly confident person, but I never really think that. I just try and be myself, and apparently what I do resonates with people. Be yourself people! And be confident in it!
- “I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.” - I also really identify with that one, I love hearing things and getting compliments from people, but I also love caring about and for people! I think it is an important attitude to cultivate.
- “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”- that is a quote that many have read (seen it on quite a few facebook profiles), but I just love the insight in it!
All around I just think that Audrey Hepburn is a cool person, and a great actress too (now that I actually have seen some of her movies too- Love em!)
That is just a bit to explain why Audrey Hepburn is one of my role models, a name sake, and an all around cool person.
So, my wonderful readers, who are your role models? Are they celebrities (old or new)? Many of my friends I would also consider to be role models, are your friends your role models? Why(to all of the above)
PS- I have decided that I am going to go as Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s for Halloween this year. So any tips, or pointers towards cheap component of the costume would be helpful!