When swimsuit season rolls around, we all get sick of the same old suits. So why not switch them up a bit by pairing different tops and bottoms together? It’s easy to do and it prevents you from paying more for a whole new bathing suit.
Here are a few guidelines for creating your own poolside combos without looking like a walking fashion faux pas.
1. If the top is patterned, choose a solid colored bottom and vice versa.
2. If you insist on wearing two patterned pieces at the same time, make sure they complement each other. This is easiest to do when one pattern is small and the other is big.
3. Make sure the two pieces share the same color scheme.
4. Black and white separates look good with almost any colored or patterned piece.
5. Don’t mix and match pink sparkles, black lace, orange flowers, etc.
6. Don’t pair a tankini top with a barely there bikini bottom.
Do you mix and match your bathing suits Lovelies? What other guidelines do you follow when pairing together different tops and bottoms?