I am a high school student, and I go through an entirely different kind of stress than ‘most people’ apparently. My father complains how I don’t know what stress is. I do know what it is. I get a completely different stress than him, but I do stress. It’s either from school drama or some other family issue. I’ve decided to compile this list of my 5 best stress relievers.
I have found these stress relievers the best for me:
1. Music is always calming. It’s just like another way to get out of reality. My own realm kinda thing. Anyone hear of music therapy? Music can alter the mood to anything. Just tune into your fav music and just drift away. I’ve done an entire research paper of how music can alter one’s mood, so trust me on this one. It’s to one’s own taste to what ever calms them. Classical, pop, rap? What ever, tune out the stress.
2. Cooking! I don’t necessarily think it’s because I’m a girl and like the whole stereotype of women being in the kitchen. It’s fun to get creative in the kitchen. “Get out mother! I call the kitchen,” I would say. I think it’s the aroma of something yummy. Just feeling that enjoyment of creating something you can eat can be satisfying. What’s wrong with eating to your satisfaction?
3. Talking a walk. [or any kind of exercise] Like music, nature has it’s own genre. A nice walk around a suburban area to get some fresh air can be good. Walk fast, walk slow, or whatever the speed, it’s refreshing. There’s probably tension in your body when you stress. Stretch it out so your mind will clear out. Get some heart pumping in your day!
4. Doing a hobby. Mine is applying on makeup, nail polish, and facial masks because just doing something personal can be fun. I wouldn’t do this every day because it can get time consuming. Who has the ability to do it every day when life flashes in one’s eyes? It’s just nice to just feel pretty once in a while. You can also pamper yourself and let your muscles relax.
5. Laugh and smile! It’s bad to force a laugh or smile, though, so just know how to enjoy life! Things feel horrible when stressing, so why not lighten up the load? I usually turn to my friends and ask if they can chill with me. It’s enjoying to be stress-free when I’m with them. If they’re busy, pop on a comedy dvd and laugh away!
What are some of your stress relievers?