A team of psychologists put together a list of the Top 10 cities where women could find good matches in men. They gathered census data that covered “lifestyle” habits such as smoking and drinking. Along with the most common factors that women base a potential mate on (i.e. financial status, emotional stability, intelligence, etc.). Here is what they found:
10. Los Angeles, CA- Although it may have a bad reputation, there are some perks. Los Angeles residents are some of the healthiest people in America. They also rank #3 in people earning an income over $100,000. LA is a large population, so if you can sift through the bad then you could strike gold!
9. & 8. Salt Lake City & Provo, Utah- Provo has the lowest rate of men who smoke and more than 40% hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher. Utah serves up a selection of your good boys.
7. Denver, CO- According to a QualityHealth.com survey, it is the most sexually active city in America. I’m not sure if that is a bonus.
6. Bridgeport, Conn- It is ranked the 15th smartest city according to Forbes. Highly-educated men are bred here!
5. San Francisco, CA- Great city, great men! They have it all. The have a low obesity rate. A high intelligence ranking as the 9th smartest city in America. Plus, it ranks in the top 10 of men earning $100,000 annually.
4. Fort Collins, CO & 2. Boulder, CO- Must be something in the air in Colorado!
3. Cambridge, Mass- Home to Harvard University it would certainly produce some smart men.
And #1. Bethesda, Maryland- What? It is the second smartest city in America according to Forbes, right behind Boulder, CO. It also has one of the lowest rates of smokers and heavy drinkers in the country. I just might have to go check it out!
Where was New York City?! I know I am biased, but there are plenty of great colleges here, high paying jobs, and New Yorkers are reportedly some of the healthiest people around since they walk everywhere!
What do you think of the list? Is there a city you would add?