Some of the awkward weddings I’ve done in the past had one thing in common: silence. The noise and hustle and bustle of your wedding day is supposed to make things exciting! Although working in silence is OK for me as the hair/make-up artist, I always thought about how I had wanted my wedding day to start off giddy and excited!
Here are some tips for bridesmaids and brides to make the bride’s“getting ready” part of the day fun and exciting:
- Opt to have the bridesmaids sleep wherever the bride will be on the night before. I really think this makes a great farewell for those single lady sleepovers and it makes the vibe more “OMG I’M GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW!”
- Play some MUSIC! Jam to Britney, Beyonce, Kelly Clarkson, Nelly Fertado, Fergie or whatever (those are some of my favorites!). Make sure you either bring a small radio or something to the hotel if you’re not sleeping at a home.
- Make small talk! Enjoy yourselves and chat!
- Don’t be grumpy! (even though you’re up at 7am)
“Hmpf… it’s not my wedding!”
- Plan ahead to have food/coffee readily available (designate a groomsman to help). Munching always calms the nerves and the bridal party SHOULD be eating something before the ceremony!
- A great bridal snack is sushi because you can just pop them in your mouth and won’t have to worry about ruining your lipstick! Opt for California rolls just in case the fish is bad or yucky.
- Opt for water instead of coffee. You might get really dehydrated from standing and running around.
- When the photographer isn’t around, take pictures with your own camera! Some of the best pictures are unprofessional candids!
Trust me… almost all the time, happy bridesmaids = happy bride!
What was the most awkward wedding you’ve ever been to? What made it so awkward? Have you been in a wedding? Was it fun?
Guest blog submitted by JAC Beauty